Rich Chocolate Snack Cake
"You'd never guess this rich-tasting delicious chocolate dessert is much lighter than a traditional cake or brownie," says Carolyn Wolbers of Loveland, Ohio. "The applesauce adds moisture and helps reduce the fat."
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups frozen vanilla yogurt
- In a bowl, beat eggs and egg whites. Add the applesauce, oil,
- chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients;
- gradually add to egg mixture just until combined.
- Pour into a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan;
- remove sides of pan. Cut into wedges; serve with frozen yogurt.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 wedge with 1/2 cup frozen yogurt) equals 290 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium,