Rich Chocolate Snack Cake Recipe
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups frozen vanilla yogurt
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs and egg whites. Add the applesauce, oil, chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture just until combined.
- 2. Pour into a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan; remove sides of pan. Cut into wedges; serve with frozen yogurt. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (1 wedge with 1/2 cup frozen yogurt) equals 290 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.
Reviews for Rich Chocolate Snack Cake
"Very rich and moist, tasted a lot like fudge cake."