"You'd never guess this rich-tasting delicious chocolate dessert is much lighter than a traditional cake or brownie," says Carolyn Wolbers of Loveland, Ohio. "The applesauce adds moisture and helps reduce the fat."
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups frozen vanilla yogurt
- In a bowl, beat eggs and egg whites. Add the applesauce, oil, chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture just until combined.
- Pour into a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan; remove sides of pan. Cut into wedges; serve with frozen yogurt. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Snack Cake in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p55
Reviews for Rich Chocolate Snack Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review