Rich Chocolate Sauce
Carolyn Pinckney of Wilmington, North Carolina uses just six ingredients to whip up a big batch of this thick chocolate sauce. It's delicious draped over scoops of ice cream. Save the extra sauce for the two recipes that follow.
40 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in
- the sugar and cocoa until smooth. Gradually add cream; mix well.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve over ice cream. Store
- leftover sauce in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 149 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.