Rich Chocolate Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- 1. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in the sugar and cocoa until smooth. Gradually add cream; mix well. Cook for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve over ice cream. Store leftover sauce in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 149 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Rich Chocolate Sauce
"Oh my gosh - this is fabulous!!! When it chills in the fridge it solidifies into spoonfuls of gooey, chocolaty Heaven! I dare say that most of it has been eaten in spoonfuls straight from the fridge than over ice cream!"