Carolyn Pinckney of Wilmington, North Carolina uses just six ingredients to whip up a big batch of this thick chocolate sauce. It's delicious draped over scoops of ice cream. Save the extra sauce for the two recipes that follow.
Featured In: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in the sugar and cocoa until smooth. Gradually add cream; mix well. Cook for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve over ice cream. Store leftover sauce in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Rich Chocolate Sauce in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p20
Reviews for Rich Chocolate Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2010
"Oh my gosh - this is fabulous!!! When it chills in the fridge it solidifies into spoonfuls of gooey, chocolaty Heaven! I dare say that most of it has been eaten in spoonfuls straight from the fridge than over ice cream!"