Rich Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and coffee, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate with cream over low heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until mixture reaches spreading consistency, stirring occasionally. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 14 cupcakes.
1 each: 219 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Rich Chocolate Cupcakes
"These were delicious and very rich and moist! Underbaked, they are like lava cakes. I used sprinkles and gel instead of frosting so they wouldn't melt."
"Excellent chocolate cupcakes. There were light, fluffy and delicious. I even added mini chocolate chips to the batter to make a richer chocolate flavor. Everyone loved them. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing."
"Very good recipe! I top them with a fluffy white frosting that contrasts with the dense, rich chocolate cake. Love them."
"I thought they were excellent, very moist, I didn't make the ganache but did a simple frosting recipe, but next time will probably do the ganache to add to the flavor."
"I made them in the mini cupcakepapers, I think they were the perfect size since they were wonderfully rich. I made the ganache frosting it was wonderful and I was surprised that it spread so far."
"Yummmmm. These are delicious and very easy. I didn't make the ganache but rather a penuche frosting and it was awesome"