Rich Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and coffee, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate with cream over low heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until mixture reaches spreading consistency, stirring occasionally. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 14 cupcakes.
1 serving (1 each) equals 219 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Rich Chocolate Cupcakes
"These were delicious and very rich and moist! Underbaked, they are like lava cakes. I used sprinkles and gel instead of frosting so they wouldn't melt."
"Excellent chocolate cupcakes. There were light, fluffy and delicious. I even added mini chocolate chips to the batter to make a richer chocolate flavor. Everyone loved them. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing."
"Very good recipe! I top them with a fluffy white frosting that contrasts with the dense, rich chocolate cake. Love them."
"I thought they were excellent, very moist, I didn't make the ganache but did a simple frosting recipe, but next time will probably do the ganache to add to the flavor."
"I made them in the mini cupcakepapers, I think they were the perfect size since they were wonderfully rich. I made the ganache frosting it was wonderful and I was surprised that it spread so far."
"Yummmmm. These are delicious and very easy. I didn't make the ganache but rather a penuche frosting and it was awesome"