Rich Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and 1-1/4 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Combine the pecans, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Rich Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Sort By :
Actually, I HAD made this recipe when it first came out and the recipe was delicious! It's one I have prepared & is a keeper! Dawn E. Lowenstein
Every time we make this cake for guests we get requests for the recipe.
I have made this recipe 3 times so far. It is great! It keeps really well for a week! My spouse is not crazy about nuts, so if I am making it for home, I use a streusel topping rather than the nut topping; however I prefer the nut topping. Will be added to my Christmas brunch recipes.
This is fantastic! I've made it multiple times and each time it was great. I've aslo made it using jumbo muffin tins and frozen the muffins. Tastes good after being frozen, too!
Excellent recipe! I used a bundt cake pan and the mini choloclate chips. Also, I only used about half of the specified sugar and cinnamin topping.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Coffee Cake >
- Chocolate Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >