Rich Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and 1-1/4 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Combine the pecans, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Rich Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"I made this the night before Thanksgiving brunch, since several reviewers said it keeps well. However, I thought it was dry and wished I hadn't made it ahead. I followed the recipe to a "T", so don't know what happened. If I try it again, it will be the same day I serve it."
"Actually, I HAD made this recipe when it first came out in Taste of Home and the recipe was delicious! It is a keeper! I prepared this recipe again 7/26/14. I usedpart packed brown sugar and part granulated plus 2 Tbsp. of each to equal 1-1/4 cups sugar!I adjusted the amount of salt, baking powder and baking soda by using 1 tsp. of each! I also used 1/8 cup of all-purpose flour to mix in with the chocolate chips and I used 1 cup of butter-flavored shortening (Crisco) with 2 Tbsp. water to equal 1 cup of butter. With the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, I used 1/4 cup cinnamon-sugar mixed with 1/4 cup chopped pecans and mixed together. I sprinkled over the batter. I also greased and floured my 9"springform pan and baked 50 to 55 minutes! Thank you, Michelle Krzmarzick, for sharing your recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein"
"Every time we make this cake for guests we get requests for the recipe."
"I have made this recipe 3 times so far. It is great! It keeps really well for a week! My spouse is not crazy about nuts, so if I am making it for home, I use a streusel topping rather than the nut topping; however I prefer the nut topping. Will be added to my Christmas brunch recipes."
"This is fantastic! I've made it multiple times and each time it was great. I've aslo made it using jumbo muffin tins and frozen the muffins. Tastes good after being frozen, too!"