Rich Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake Recipe
When I was a teacher, this recipe was recommended by one of my student's parents. I've made it so many times, I can't imagine hosting a brunch without it. Chocolate chips add sweet bursts of flavor to the rich and tender coffee cake. —Michelle Krzmarzick Torrance, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and 1-1/4 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Combine the pecans, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 474 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC