Rich Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2-2/3 cups (16 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Fresh raspberries and fresh mint, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 10-in. springform pan and wrap bottom of pan with heavy-duty foil; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine chips, butter, cream and sugar; cook over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir until smooth. Pour into a large bowl; cool.
- 3. In another large bowl, beat eggs on high 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat into chocolate mixture, a third at a time, until well blended. Stir in vanilla.
- 4. Pour into prepared pan; place on a baking sheet. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (top will crack). Cool on a wire rack (cake will settle). Cover and chill 1 hour. Run a knife around edge of pan before removing sides.
- 5. For glaze, in a large saucepan, combine chips, cream, butter and corn syrup; cook over low heat until chocolate is melted; stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir until smooth.
- 6. Spread enough of the glaze over top and sides of cake to cover. Chill 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining glaze. Chill overnight. Serve with raspberries and mint if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 417 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.