Rich Chocolate Brownies Recipe
I'm one of those people who need chocolate on a regular basis. I looked high and low for a rich brownie recipe that called for cocoa instead of chocolate squares...and this is it. My family loves these brownies - they never last more than a day at our house. -Karen Trapp, North Weymouth, Massachusetts
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat in butter. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to batter and mix well.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, combine the cocoa and butter. Combine the water and coffee granules; add to cocoa mixture. Stir in sugar until smooth. Frost brownies. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 257 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC