”My clients and husband love this recipe, and I hope your readers do, too” says Tammy Rau of Huntsville, Alabama. With its wonderful flavor and tender chicken, this dish is irresistible!
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place salad dressing in a small resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter; whisk in the flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in cheese and chicken; heat through. Drain fettuccine. Serve chicken mixture with pasta. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Rich Chicken Alfredo in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p16
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Rich Chicken Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review