I take turns with some of the ladies at church to provide coffee time snacks for adult Bible class and Sunday school. These gooey bars, a traditional St. Louis dessert, are a favorite. -Tammy Helle, St. Louis, Missouri
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg until well blended. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and egg until smooth; spread evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Rich Cheesecake Bars in Reminisce Extra October 2003, p53
Reviews for Rich Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review