Rich Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg until well blended. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and egg until smooth; spread evenly over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 115 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Rich Cheesecake Bars
"my grandchildren love them. I had to give the recipe to their mother at their insistence."
"Very rich and quite soft and yummy. Everyone loves it when I make it and ask for the recipe. It is a sticky bar slice and you need to keep cleaning your knife while slicing it into bars."
"I was excited to try this recipe, but it turned out to be a flop. Even though i baked it as directed, the cake part was dry, and the cheesecake topping was way too sweet and didn't taste like cheesecake."
"I doubled this recipe and baked in a 13 x 9 pan. The only adjustment I made was adding a splash of vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture. These bars are rich and delicious!"
"Hi, are these really tiny? I'm wondering how it makes 2 dozen from a 9" square pan. Also is 3oz of cream cheese correct, doesn't it usually come in 8oz pkg's?"
"This recipe can be doubled and baked in a 13 x 9 pan. However, the bars will be a little thicker and may need to bake a few minutes longer.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"Can this be made in a 13 x 9 pan? Please answerDelicious!"
"Can this recipe be doubled and baked in a 13x9 in baking dish?"
"very good cheesecake recipe- make sure you use the 9 oz cake mix (not the 18 1/4 oz)"
"From St. Louis too and yes this does taste gooey butter cake"
"This is a crowd pleaser."
"do they taste like the cheesecake brownies at the great american cookies?"
"Only another St. Louis native could appreciate this recipe for "Gooey Butter Cake". Around here this is a staple at family gatherings!"