Rich Cheesecake Bars
I take turns with some of the ladies at church to provide coffee time snacks for adult Bible class and Sunday school. These gooey bars, a traditional St. Louis dessert, are a favorite.
-Tammy Helle, St. Louis, Missouri
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg until well
- blended. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and egg
- until smooth; spread evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 115 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.