- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg until well blended. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and egg until smooth; spread evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Rich Cheesecake Bars
"my grandchildren love them. I had to give the recipe to their mother at their insistence."
"Very rich and quite soft and yummy. Everyone loves it when I make it and ask for the recipe. It is a sticky bar slice and you need to keep cleaning your knife while slicing it into bars."
"I was excited to try this recipe, but it turned out to be a flop. Even though i baked it as directed, the cake part was dry, and the cheesecake topping was way too sweet and didn't taste like cheesecake."
"I doubled this recipe and baked in a 13 x 9 pan. The only adjustment I made was adding a splash of vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture. These bars are rich and delicious!"
"Hi, are these really tiny? I'm wondering how it makes 2 dozen from a 9" square pan. Also is 3oz of cream cheese correct, doesn't it usually come in 8oz pkg's?"