Rich Caramel Pecan Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat caramel topping until warmed. Drizzle over the top.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until chips are melted. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 piece: 62 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Rich Caramel Pecan Bars
"These tasted good (what wouldn't with chocolate, caramel and pecans). However, the vanilla wafer layer was not very thick. If I were to make it again, I would add more wafers. It was very sticky when you took it out of the pan."