Rich Caramel Pecan Bars Recipe
"These bars are so simple to fix, yet so delicious," assures Rebecca Wyke from Morganton, North Carolina. "You'll want to cut them small because the combination of caramel, chocolate and pecans makes them rich and sweet."
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat caramel topping until warmed. Drizzle over the top.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until chips are melted. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 piece equals 62 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC