Rich Candy Bar Fudge
"I created this recipe to duplicate a delightful rich fudge I tried in a shop while visiting our daughter," explains Mary Lou Bridge of Taylor Ridge, Illinois.
84 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 6 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each)
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Butter the foil and set pan aside.
- Cut candy bars into 1/2-in. slices; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring sugar, butter and milk to a boil over
- medium heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234°
- (soft-ball stage), about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in
- chocolate chips, marshmallow creme and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour half into prepared pan. Sprinkle with candy bar slices. Top with
- remaining chocolate mixture and spread evenly. Let stand at room
- temperature to cool. Lift out of pan and remove foil. Cut into
- squares. Yield: 4 pounds (about 7 dozen).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 75 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.