Rich Candy Bar Fudge Recipe
"I created this recipe to duplicate a delightful rich fudge I tried in a shop while visiting our daughter," explains Mary Lou Bridge of Taylor Ridge, Illinois.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:84 servings
- 6 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each)
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Butter the foil and set pan aside. Cut candy bars into 1/2-in. slices; set aside.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan, bring sugar, butter and milk to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips, marshmallow creme and vanilla until smooth.
- 3. Pour half into prepared pan. Sprinkle with candy bar slices. Top with remaining chocolate mixture and spread evenly. Let stand at room temperature to cool. Lift out of pan and remove foil. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 pounds (about 7 dozen).
1 serving (1 each) equals 75 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC