Rich Butterscotch Bars Recipe
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a microwave, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth. Add cracker crumbs; set aside 2/3 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in pecans.
- 3. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 167 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Rich Butterscotch Bars
"Quick and easy to make and the family loves it. I do switch it up, making it one time with the graham crackers and the next time I use saltines."
"made this for lunch today-went over very welleasy to make"
"I made these for a graduation party and they were YYYUUUUMMMMYYY. Everybody wanted the recipe!"
"Very good and very easy!"