Rich Butterscotch Bars Recipe
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a microwave, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth. Add cracker crumbs; set aside 2/3 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in pecans.
- 3. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 167 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Rich Butterscotch Bars
"Quick and easy to make and the family loves it. I do switch it up, making it one time with the graham crackers and the next time I use saltines."
"made this for lunch today-went over very welleasy to make"
"I made these for a graduation party and they were YYYUUUUMMMMYYY. Everybody wanted the recipe!"
"Very good and very easy!"