Rich Butterscotch Bars
From Jefferson, Wisconsin, Kathryn Roth notes, "My husband works second shift, so I spend a few nights a week baking just for fun. He takes half of my sweets to his co-workers, who frequently ask for these tasty bars."
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a microwave, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth. Add cracker
- crumbs; set aside 2/3 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the milk,
- egg and vanilla. Stir in pecans.
- Pour over the crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at
- 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 167 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.