From Jefferson, Wisconsin, Kathryn Roth notes, "My husband works second shift, so I spend a few nights a week baking just for fun. He takes half of my sweets to his co-workers, who frequently ask for these tasty bars."
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a microwave, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth. Add cracker crumbs; set aside 2/3 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in pecans.
- Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Rich Butterscotch Bars in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p17
Reviews for Rich Butterscotch Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review