From Jefferson, Wisconsin, Kathryn Roth notes, "My husband works second shift, so I spend a few nights a week baking just for fun. He takes half of my sweets to his co-workers, who frequently ask for these tasty bars."
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a microwave, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth. Add cracker crumbs; set aside 2/3 cup. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in pecans.
- Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Rich Butterscotch Bars in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p17
Reviews for Rich Butterscotch Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2010
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2010
"made this for lunch today-went over very welleasy to make"
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2010
Reviewed May. 26, 2009
"I made these for a graduation party and they were YYYUUUUMMMMYYY. Everybody wanted the recipe!"
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2008
"Very good and very easy!"