Rich Buttercream Frosting
This creamy frosting can lusciously top cakes as well as cookies. If you like to make desserts, you'll want to keep this recipe close at hand! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
40 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, combine butter, confectioners' sugar, milk and
- vanilla; beat until smooth (frosting will be thick). If desired,
- tint with food coloring. Yield: 5 cups.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.