Rich Butter Cake
"I've been bringing this cake to family get-togethers and church meetings since the 1950s," shares Doris Schloeman of Chicago, Illinois. The scrumptious standby, topped with cream cheese and nuts, can be prepared in a wink.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and 3 eggs; beat until
- smooth. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar for topping. In a large
- bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla and remaining confectioners'
- sugar until smooth. Beat in remaining eggs. Pour over batter.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with reserved
- confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 413 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.