Rich Broccoli Cream Soup
Go ahead and indulge in a bowl of this rich and creamy soup…it’s deliciously thick, flavorful and full of broccoli. Homemade soup never tasted so good!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 65 min.
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 bunches broccoli, trimmed and coarsely chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Add the broccoli, broth, garlic salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until broccoli is
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into
- soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream; cook 10 minutes longer
- or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 307 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 753 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.