Rich Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, beat egg and milk. Add spaghetti; toss to coat. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Spoon over the spaghetti mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 343 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 616mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Rich Baked Spaghetti
"I fixed this for dinner last night and everyone LOVED it! My grandson said it was the best spaghetti he ever ate!! I'll be making this again. I did add some of my home grown oregano and sage to zip it up a bit. Thanks for this easy and tasty recipe!!"
"Tweaked the recipe for my large family - doubled it using 22 oz. thin spaghetti (cooked al dente) and used an 11 x 14 pan. Listened to Carrie35 about the sauce. Used 2 (24oz) jars of spaghetti sauce - 1 plain, 1 roasted tomato, garlic, and onion. WOWWWW! My family LOVED it! And that's what counts at house!!!"
"Very good! It was easy to make, we had some garlic twists with it. I think it could use some more sauce. Family favorite"