Rich Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, beat egg and milk. Add spaghetti; toss to coat. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Spoon over the spaghetti mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 343 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 616mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Rich Baked Spaghetti
"We loved, loved,loved this! The only change I made was using my home made spaghetti sauce, and a generous amount of it. The leftovers have been great, too. Next time I think I'll make several smaller casseroles and freeze, thawing a bit and adding cheese before baking, because I am cooking for two. Thank-you!"
"I fixed this for dinner last night and everyone LOVED it! My grandson said it was the best spaghetti he ever ate!! I'll be making this again. I did add some of my home grown oregano and sage to zip it up a bit. Thanks for this easy and tasty recipe!!"
"Tweaked the recipe for my large family - doubled it using 22 oz. thin spaghetti (cooked al dente) and used an 11 x 14 pan. Listened to Carrie35 about the sauce. Used 2 (24oz) jars of spaghetti sauce - 1 plain, 1 roasted tomato, garlic, and onion. WOWWWW! My family LOVED it! And that's what counts at house!!!"
"Very good! It was easy to make, we had some garlic twists with it. I think it could use some more sauce. Family favorite"