Rich Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, beat egg and milk. Add spaghetti; toss to coat. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Spoon over the spaghetti mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 343 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 616 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.