Rich and Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes, soup, milk, sugar, basil, paprika and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Rich and Creamy Tomato Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious! So easy and quick, but tastes like you've spent a lot of time and effort. I always sauté some minced garlic in with the onions as well as add cheese periogies (the frozen Mrs.T brand) at the end and let them simmer for a few minutes before serving. Along with grilled ham and cheese, it's an easy dinner that everyone really enjoys."
"This was very good - even without the cream cheese. I would increase the basil by another half to 1 tsp. and also the garlic powder to about 1/2 a tsp. to give it a little more punch."
"My family has been making this soup for years, and it's a favorite. It's easy to make and very flavorful. I've had many requests for this recipe. It's a winter time staple in our household. Enjoy!"
"i used 8 cups of pureed tomatoes, left out the onion, used 1/4 cup butter. after cooking, i strained the soup. very yummy!!!!"
"I didn't really like this recipe, in a way it tasted tangy, most likely from the canned tomatoes. Might be better with more sugar. Most of it was fed to the chickens."