"My husband, who doesn't like tomato soup, really likes this rich and creamy version," informs Marie Keyes of Cheney, Washington. "It's easy, but it tastes like you put a lot of work into it. When I share it with co-workers, everyone loves it."
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes, soup, milk, sugar, basil, paprika and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Creamy Tomato Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p53
Reviews for Rich and Creamy Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review