Rich and Creamy Potato Bake
Here's a delicious side dish that goes well with any meat entree. It's a wonderful recipe to make for potluck dinners.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine cream, butter and salt. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until butter is melted. Place potatoes in a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour cream mixture over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until potatoes are
- tender and top is golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.