Rich and Creamy Mashed Potatoes
These mashed potatoes are especially rich, thanks to the whipping cream. The pretty red potato skins peeking through the creamy mashed potatoes will draw comments.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 medium unpeeled red potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Mash potatoes with the cream, butter, salt and pepper.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: For a smoother consistency, peel potatoes before cooking.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 241 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.