- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente; drain. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook, covered, on low 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring once. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Rich and Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
Sort By :
"Question: If I wanted to make this for about 3 people (me, my husband, and me for leftovers), what sort of reductions/alterations do you suggest?"
"This is hands down my family's favorite mac & cheese. I use 2 1/2 cups elbow mac, Velveeta shreds and medium cheddar as the white cheddar has a sharp, unpleasant taste. I stir it about half way through, adding a 5 oz can of evaporated milk. Otherwise, it's pretty thick and kind of gloppy. Super flavor and really easy. Feeds a lot of people so it's perfect for holidays & reunions."
"I easily found the fontina cheese in the deli area and it is just a little pricey. Have to shred yourself. Made exactly as is, it is totally delicious. Everyone loves it, adults to kids. I like the idea of adding a little paprika. So easy to take to potluck, etc."
"Great recipe. (Needs more cheese though) just kidding. Make sure you are having a big get together because it makes a lot. This is now my go to Mac & Cheese recipe."
"Fantastic, the whole family loves it. Including my finicky four year old."