Rich and Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
This is a great way to make America's most popular comfort food. The dish turns out cheesy, rich and creamy. —Jennifer Babcock, Chicopee, Massachusetts
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 2 hours YIELD:16 servings
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente; drain. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring once. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 388 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC