Here's a great way to dress up brussels sprouts. Almonds give this rich creamy dish a nutty texture and flavor.—Lucy Meyring, Walden, Colorado
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh brussels sprouts or 1 package (18 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook brussels sprouts in boiling water. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine the soup, milk, cheese, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Drain brussels sprouts; transfer to a serving dish. Add water chestnuts and cheese sauce. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fancy Brussels Sprouts in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p24
Reviews for Rich and Creamy Brussels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review