Here's a great way to dress up brussels sprouts. Almonds give this rich creamy dish a nutty texture and flavor.—Lucy Meyring, Walden, Colorado
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh brussels sprouts or 1 package (18 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook brussels sprouts in boiling water. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine the soup, milk, cheese, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Drain brussels sprouts; transfer to a serving dish. Add water chestnuts and cheese sauce. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fancy Brussels Sprouts in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p24
Reviews for Rich and Creamy Brussels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2009
"If someone says they do not like brussel sprouts, you need to fix this recipe. My husband would never eat them, but he loves this dish!I added 1 tsp Worchershire sauce and used toasted sesame seeds instead of almonds.I will absolutely be making this dish again."