Rich 'n' Fluffy Chocolate Frosting
Whisking up a batch of smooth-as-silk fudgy chocolate icing is a snap using this short recipe and your favorite flavor of baking chips.—Jeannette Mack, Rushville, New York
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate or vanilla or white chips
- 3-3/4 to 4-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a saucepan, bring cream to a simmer, about 180° remove from
- the heat. Stir in chips until melted. Place pan in a bowl of ice
- water; stir constantly until cooled. Gradually whisk in
- confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 tablespoons) equals 281 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.