Rich & Creamy Tortellini Recipe
“This simple recipe mimics one of my favorite menu items at a local Italian restaurant. Now we can enjoy this delicious dish without going out.” —Molly Seidel, Edgewood, New Mexico
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini or ravioli
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 jar (15 ounces) marinara sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Add marinara sauce, cream cheese, onions, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted and sauce is heated through. Drain tortellini; serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup tortellini with 1/2 cup sauce equals 434 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC