Rich & Creamy Tortellini Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini or ravioli
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 jar (15 ounces) marinara sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Add marinara sauce, cream cheese, onions, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted and sauce is heated through. Drain tortellini; serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup tortellini with 1/2 cup sauce: 434 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 637mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Rich & Creamy Tortellini
"I thought this was a bit bland, but my husband loved it! Plan to use it with other noodles, but I might kick up the flavor with more seasonings next time."
"YUM. This one's going in my "keep" folder. Very simple & quick. There did seem to be more sauce than needed for 9 oz of tortellini. And next time I'll start the onions with the garlic. But the flavor was absolutely wonderful."
"Almost too rich for me, but my daughter really wants me to make this again!"