Rich & Creamy Mashed Potatoes
It's a cinch to jazz up instant mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, then cook and serve them from a slow cooker. For a special touch, sprinkle the perfect-for-party time potatoes with chopped fresh chives, canned French-fried onions or fresh grated Parmesan cheese.—Donna Bardocz, Howell, Michigan
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 3-3/4 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a greased 4-qt. slow cooker, whisk the boiling water, milk, cream
- cheese, butter and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the potato
- flakes, garlic salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours
- or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 299 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.