Rice with Mushrooms Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add mushrooms; heat through. Stir in the water, rice, bouillon, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-16 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 183 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 973mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Rice with Mushrooms
"We've been making this I think since it was published in 2005. It's our go-to rice recipe to accompany fish. We all love it!"
"My husband loves rice pilaf...I have tried many recipes and this has been his favorite so far..and it is just enough for him..thanks for sharing this great recipe"