Rice with Mushrooms Recipe
Convenient canned mushrooms dress up chicken bouillon-flavored rice in this easy recipe from Anita Miller of Sartell, Minnesota. "I used to prepare this dish when we were first married," Anita notes. "Now that the kids are grown and we're retired, I'm using it again."
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add mushrooms; heat through. Stir in the water, rice, bouillon, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-16 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Rice Pilaf in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 35
Reviews for Rice with Mushrooms(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2010
My husband loves rice pilaf...I have tried many recipes and this has been his favorite so far..and it is just enough for him..thanks for sharing this great recipe