Rice with Lemon and Spinach Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1. In a skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the rice, spinach, lemon juice, salt, dill and pepper. Reserve 1 tablespoon cheese. Stir remaining into skillet; mix well.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with reserved cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 167 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.