This savory side dish sent in by Billie Moss of El Sobrante, California has a light lemon flavor. Baked with feta and spinach, it's a lovely accompaniment to most main courses...and pairs perfectly with fish.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- In a skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the rice, spinach, lemon juice, salt, dill and pepper. Reserve 1 tablespoon cheese. Stir remaining into skillet; mix well.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with reserved cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rice with Lemon and Spinach in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p64
Reviews for Rice with Lemon and Spinach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2011
"Followed recipe except for the dill weed because I didn't have any. Three T. of lemon juice gives the rice just a hint of lemon flavor. A great way to up the nutritional value of plain white rice."