Rice with Chilies 'n' Veggies Recipe
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. Place milk and corn in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, saute rice in oil for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the onion, zucchini, red pepper, carrot, chilies, garlic and corn mixture; cook for 1 minute.
- 2. Stir in broth and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 134 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Rice with Chilies 'n' Veggies
"very good!! will make again"