Rice Vegetable Skillet Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onion in butter until tender. Add carrots; cook 5 minutes longer. Stir in the cauliflower, broccoli, rice and garlic. Add broth; bring mixture to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 164 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 459mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Rice Vegetable Skillet
"I am so tired of being duped by hyped-up recipes! In order to cook long grain rice properly the veggies turned to mush. Flavor lacking"
"This is the first recipe I made from the new fomat of the magazine. It was very easy and very good. I will make this again."