Rice Vegetable Salad
Packed with vegetables, this dish has a touch of Indian flavor. “I first had it at a party and loved the bright look and taste.” It’s a cinch to double, too! —Sandy Heley, Grand Junction, Colorado
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the beans, carrots, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley
- and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, oil, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Stir rice into bean mixture. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 279 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 245 mg sodium,