Rice Vegetable Salad Recipe
Packed with vegetables, this dish has a touch of Indian flavor. “I first had it at a party and loved the bright look and taste.” It’s a cinch to double, too! —Sandy Heley, Grand Junction, Colorado
- 1/2 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the beans, carrots, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir rice into bean mixture. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup equals 279 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Rice Vegetable Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC