Rice Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the beans, carrots, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir rice into bean mixture. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup: 279 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Rice Vegetable Salad
"My family found this very tasty"
"This salad was easy to make and very good. The Basmati rice is a little pricey to purchace and would suggest using regular instant rice or uncooked long grain rice such as Uncle Ben's."