Rice Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the beans, carrots, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir rice into bean mixture. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup: 279 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Rice Vegetable Salad
"My family found this very tasty"
"This salad was easy to make and very good. The Basmati rice is a little pricey to purchace and would suggest using regular instant rice or uncooked long grain rice such as Uncle Ben's."