Packed with vegetables, this dish has a touch of Indian flavor. “I first had it at a party and loved the bright look and taste.” It’s a cinch to double, too! —Sandy Heley, Grand Junction, Colorado
- 1/2 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the beans, carrots, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir rice into bean mixture. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Rice Vegetable Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p16
Reviews for Rice Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review