Rice Vegetable Medley
This recipe combines rice with frozen vegetables. The veggies are small enough for my daughter, Sara, to handle easily. The same's true of the rice, which she can pick up with her fingers.Coleen Martin, Brookfield, Wisconsin
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons onion or vegetable soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen corn, peas or mixed vegetables
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, water, soup mix and salt;
- bring to a boil. Add the vegetables; return to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Cook until rice and vegetables are
- tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 167 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.