- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup raisins
- 6 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 6 dressed squab (about 1 pound each)
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add the rice, mushrooms, raisins, 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, parsley, 3/4 teaspoon salt and marjoram. Sprinkle cavities of squab lightly with remaining salt; stuff with rice mixture.
- Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Combine oil and remaining orange juice concentrate; drizzle over squab. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until meat juices run clear and a meat thermometer inserted into the stuffing reads 165°, basting frequently. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rice-Stuffed Squab in Taste of Home April/May 1999 , p37
Reviews for Rice-Stuffed Squab
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review