Rice-Stuffed Roast Recipe
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (about 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, pour boiling water over apricots; let stand for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions, red pepper and garlic in butter until tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the rice, apricots, water chestnuts, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 3. Untie roast and spread 1-1/4 cups of rice mixture inside. Place the remaining stuffing in a covered 2-qt. casserole; set aside.
- 4. Retie roast and place on a rack in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. During the last 30 minutes, baste roast with preserves and bake the extra rice stuffing. Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice: 307 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Rice-Stuffed Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.