Rice-Stuffed Red Pepper Recipe
Cooking for two is effortless when you have a recipe like this one from Mary Cloninger of Kennewick, Washington. “It’s a favorite of mine and my husband’s,” Mary says. “You can use any color bell pepper you want, but red is so pretty.”
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Cut red pepper in half lengthwise and remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook pepper halves in boiling water for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper. Spoon into pepper halves. Combine feta cheese and basil; sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Place in two small baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 pepper equals 208 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Rice-Stuffed Red Pepper
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC