Rice-Stuffed Red Pepper Recipe
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Cut red pepper in half lengthwise and remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook pepper halves in boiling water for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper. Spoon into pepper halves. Combine feta cheese and basil; sprinkle over filling.
- Place in two small baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Rice-Stuffed Red Pepper in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p46
Reviews for Rice-Stuffed Red Pepper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review