Rice-Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (5.6 ounces) instant chicken-flavored rice and sauce mix
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 envelope seasoned coating mix
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, butter and rice with contents of sauce mix. Bring to a boil; stir. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until the rice is almost tender. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, moisten pork chops with water; dip in coating mix. Cut a pocket in each chop; fill with rice mixture. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining rice around chops. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 481 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 1121mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Rice-Stuffed Pork Chops
"Great taste, will grease 13-in x 9-in baking dish next time."
"I think Lipton stopped making the risotto mix. I used Lipton Creamy chicken Rice and it came out really good."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.