Rice-Stuffed Pork Chops
Seasoned coating and rice mixes speed up these mouthwatering chops. "They really impressed my husband when we were first dating."Becky Aderman, Niagara, Wisconsin.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (5.6 ounces) instant chicken-flavored rice and sauce mix
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 envelope seasoned coating mix
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, butter and rice with contents
- of sauce mix. Bring to a boil; stir. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 4 minutes or until the rice is almost tender. Let stand for 5
- Meanwhile, moisten pork chops with water; dip in coating mix. Cut a
- pocket in each chop; fill with rice mixture. Place in an ungreased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining rice around chops. Bake,
- uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Lipton rice mix and Shake 'n' Bake seasoned coating mix.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 357 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 654 mg sodium,