Seasoned coating and rice mixes speed up these mouthwatering chops. "They really impressed my husband when we were first dating."—Becky Aderman, Niagara, Wisconsin.
Recommended: 17 Slow Cooker Pork Chop Recipes for Busy Days
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (5.6 ounces) instant chicken-flavored rice and sauce mix
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 envelope seasoned coating mix
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, butter and rice with contents of sauce mix. Bring to a boil; stir. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until the rice is almost tender. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, moisten pork chops with water; dip in coating mix. Cut a pocket in each chop; fill with rice mixture. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining rice around chops. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rice-Stuffed Pork Chops in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p13
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Rice-Stuffed Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2011
"Great taste, will grease 13-in x 9-in baking dish next time."
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2009
"I think Lipton stopped making the risotto mix. I used Lipton Creamy chicken Rice and it came out really good."