Rice Stir-Fry Recipe
- 4 ounces pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups leftover cooked long grain rice
- In a large skillet or wok, saute the pork in 2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, heat remaining oil. Add the mushrooms, peas, water chestnuts, peppers, onion and garlic; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine the soy sauce and sugar; stir into vegetable mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Return pork to the pan. Stir in rice; cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Rice Stir-Fry(3)
Sort By :
This recipe for excellent. I left out the mushrooms because I don't like them, and Increased the pea pods and water chestnuts to 3/4 c. each.
You can put bacon too!
can I use frozen stir fry veggies in this recipe and add the garlic?
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >