Rice Seasoning Mix Recipe
"With rice and this mix on hand, you can whip up a tasty side dish whenever you need one," says Linnea Rein from Topeka, Kansas. "It goes with any meat and has superb flavor."
- 1 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1. Combine the first nine ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 batches (2 cups total).
- 2. To prepare rice: Combine 3 tablespoons seasoning mix, rice and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Yield: 4-6 servings per batch.
1 serving (3/4 tablespoon) equals 125 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC