Rice Sausage Casserole
"I fiddled around with this dish, trying to adjust it to my family's tastes," notes Jennifer Trost from West Linn, Oregon. "When my pickiest child cleaned her plate, I knew I'd found the right flavor combination."
12-16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 packages (7.2 ounces each) rice pilaf
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare rice mixes according to package
- directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery
- and carrots over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage mixture, rice, soups, onion
- powder, garlic powder and pepper. Transfer to two greased 11x7-in.
- baking dishes.
- Cover and bake 40-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Yield: 2 casseroles (6-8 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 200 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 697 mg sodium,