Rice Sausage Casserole Recipe
"I fiddled around with this dish, trying to adjust it to my family's tastes," notes Jennifer Trost from West Linn, Oregon. "When my pickiest child cleaned her plate, I knew I'd found the right flavor combination."
- 2 packages (7.2 ounces each) rice pilaf
- 2 pounds bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare rice mixes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery and carrots over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the sausage mixture, rice, soups, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes.
Cover and bake 40-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (6-8 servings each).
1 serving (1 each) equals 200 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 697 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC